Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Grocery shopping in 7/11

Okay, So I failed to mention this last week, but we went to this little grocery store right next to our apartment to do our weekly shopping, we get a cart and start shopping, then a rush of teenagers come in, so we patiently wait a little until they are all gone to go buy our groceries. We get up to the counter which is a solid 1 foot long and start putting all of our groceries up. THEN all of a sudden this huge line forms behind us, the most awkward part is all of them have like a chocolate bar or a pastry and we have a weeks worth of groceries! They opened up another check out because the line was so long, it seriously felt like we were shopping in 7/11 for a weeks worth of groceries. Can you all just imagine?

wednesday:
Do you all know that in Slovakia, we celebrate peoples names? 
its a real party, but we don't really know how to celebrate them, but this week we celebrated Martina's name day, we went out to lunch and then we went and got hot chocolate. OH MY HOTCHOCOLATE HERE IS THE BEST. It is literally a melted bar of chocolate in a cup. Seriously SOOOO AMAZING. 

thursday:
So my companion has had a cold for the past week and has been a real "Snuff-a-lub-agous" so we talked to Sister McConkie and she told us that we have to cancel the rest of our schedule for the day and take a nap. I thought that maybe just sister Parsons would have to take a nap, since she is the sick one, but nope. I had to take a nap too. It was the strangest thing. We literally sat in our beds in the middle of the day, not doing missionary work. It was an obsurd sensation. We both wanted to jump out of bed and hit the streets. Needless to say it took us a little while to fall asleep and was pretty restless, but all is well and we are getting back to normal health!
friday:
we got our ears talked off for 2 HOURS by this man who talked about literally everything. Buddha, Jesus, Meditation the whole works. 
it was fun, I had hot chocolate while he talked. :)

saturday:
another name day celebration!
Sister Van Dalen's! Yay, us and the elders made her lunch in the church building and she was so cute. We had the table all set and we made pasta and salad and garlic bread, because that's basically all we can make, and SHE LOVED. It was so amazing. She was just so grateful and hugged us and sent us cute text messages afterwards. I just love this branch. 
Then for game night we went to this warehouse that is full of badminton courts and we just played badminton with this guy who is so amazing at it. Literally, I never thought I could sweat playing badminton. Boy, was I wrong. 

Well I guess my week wasn't as eventful as I thought it was, but man did we see miracles. Slovakia is so ready to just explode. I am so grateful that I can be a part of it. I love seeing peoples hearts change in front of your eyes. I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY. 

HAVE A MIRACULOUS WEEK KIDS!
S Laskou,
Sestra Ratcliffe

Trencin project
Last week



Badminton



Lunch for Branch President's wife


No comments:

Post a Comment