Monday, June 8, 2015

I'VE GOT SUNSHINE



Well folks. Summer has come and my is it HOT!
I told a joke in my english class, and either 
1. They didn't understand OR
2. They didn't think it was funny. 
Because Wednesday was like the official day that it was extremely hot, and we were on the bus, (and NO ventilation, or AC) and I was mad sweaty. 
And I told my english class, if I could have been more wet today, I would have been in a swimming pool. *CRICKETS*
I hope you all thought that was funny, cause I thought I was hilarious!
We went to visit our 85 year old friend this week because he told us he was going to make us halusky and I wasn't about to turn down that opportunity. So we get to the door. and he told us that if he didn't answer to just keep ringing the door bell. 
so we rang and rang.. and rang.. and like 8 rings later we rang his neighbor. and at this point we are scared, he's kind of old and isn't answering and never leaves his apartment. So his neighbor lets us in and we knock on his door and he disn't answer. So we said a prayer and left. we were then all in a slight panic that he might have passed on and we didn't even know about it. 
So the next day we were on exchanges and Sister Parsons and Sister Wilson went to his house. Turns out he went to the hospital becuase he has diabetes. 
Moral of the story: he is alive and well!
So wednesday we had exchanges and that was just weird. So for those of you who don't know what an exchange is our sister Training leaders came to kosice and we split so I went with sister Eggers for a day and Sister Parsons went with Sister Wilson for the day. it was weird. Becuase I have never been away from sister parsons and I felt like I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off all day. Not that I was physically lost at all, but I just didn't have the same person all the time. It was interesting to say the least. Not looking forward to transfers. 
On thursday we went and visited our little friends in velka ida and taught them english and they were a little antsie so we took them outside and at first we had like 8 kids and by the time we had made it to the park there were like 50. Sister Parsons and I were mind blown! Where did they all come from? Cause they didn't walk with us there, but they all showed up and played with us! It was wild. Picture below of our class. 
Well I suppose that is all I have to say this week. Sorry I'm kinda boring. I live in a really not boring place, but I just can't make it as cool as it really is. 
Have a miraculous week!
Sestra Ratcliffe


No comments:

Post a Comment