Thursday, February 12, 2015

THE C A L L

                 


Okay first things first. I cheated.
Before I opened my call, everyone told me that the first thing you see when you open it will be your mission. Knowing fully well that I am not the best reader, but wanting to know before everyone else I cheated, took two seconds, found it, (which it really is right in the middle of the page, It's like a big sign) and prepared to read it to everyone. I don't exactly know what my thoughts were when I first read it, all I knew was that it was foreign.

Dear Sister Ratcliffe,
You are hereby call to serve as a missionary of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints you are assigned to labor in the... CZECH/SLOVAK mission!!!
*SCREAMS*
(then I continued reading, basically it told me I would serve in Slovakia speaking Slovak)
WOOP WOOP!
I had 140 days until I left, and that felt like a life time, but now I am down to 6 days and cannot be more thrilled, nervous, excited, and all sorts of emotions as the days go by.

*Advice I would give to future sister missionaries*
DO NOT PROCRASTINATE!
especially when you have the time I had, you don't want to get down to a certain number of days and wish you had been better at preparing. Learned that the hard way.




No comments:

Post a Comment