Monday, July 13, 2015

broken cups and torn up hands

HELLO HELLO HELLO!
So if this week was not a miracle I don't know what is. 
So at Family home evening we were just sitting there and one of our friends who is not a member came walking in after a month of being non-existent. 
So we met with her again and she is seriously so prepared. She told us she wants to be baptized and then she was mumbling so I asked her what would she lose if she was baptized, and she said she would lose NOTHING! are you kidding me? Where is the font? 
Oh I love her. She is amazing. 

Oh and this week we had exchanges and I was here in Blava with Sister Abbott and the most amazing miracle occured ever! So we were teaching a young man and we didn't have anyone to teach with us and we had used all our resources and no one could come so we thought to call our new convert Wanda and her phone didn't work and then sister Abbott was like that lady outside looks like Wanda. and I was like oh, yeah.. it does... IGORNING and then I was like WAIT. IS THAT WANDA? and so we ran out side and there she was. And we asked her to teach with us and she was like YEAH. I had a feeling to come past the building on my way to grab a chocolate bar. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!! FRIENDS THAT IS THE SPIRIT. I about died. 

And we teach a free english class and we had 4 new students!
FOUR NEW STUDENTS 
seriously that is a miracle. 

So, down to the topic of this email. 
So here I was at our branch presidents house. 
I asked if I could do the dishes for them so we are doing the dishes,
and you know those really sweet coca-cola cups you get from MCDONALDS? 
yeah so I am washing it and all of a sudden it breaks, and I was like ouch, OH SHOOT I JUST BROKE THE BRANCH PRESIDENTS CUP. and I look down and my hand is covered in blood. 
So what happened is that when the cup broke it sliced a part of my had by my knuckle. and I didn't think it was a big deal but everyone else said I needed stitches and I was like "please I have had worse cuts guys" I got some sweet essential oils on my hand to stop the bleeding, talked to Sister McConkie and she told me I didn't have to go to the hospital. Talked to the church doctor on the phone AFTER CURFEW> #REBEL but all is well and my hand is healing fine. FORGOT my camera again so you will have to wait for the picture of it but I will have a sweet scar when I come home! SO EXCITED! memories. 
Oh and the positive outcome of this is the zone leaders went to prague and grabbed my package while they were there, so now I have an Icecube tray AND disney music in slovak and so much american candy and GOLDFISH! ahhh life is good. 

I love being a missionary. 
Its the best life. 
Well have a miraculous week. 

S laskou
Sestra Ratcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment