Monday, August 8, 2016

Dcera?

HI HI HI
well this week was just full of laughs on the street. I ma obviously really good at making mistakes! but a dear companion (Sister Abbott) read me a talk that teaches you should just learn to laugh at things like that! 
its called: Come what may and love it by Joseph B. Wirthlin
Well this week started out pretty cool, when we met this guy who seemed 100% uninterested in talking to us at all, but he stuck around and we made arangements with him to teach him the gospel( which he didn't want) but we would also help him with english, and the time came around to meet with him and when we texted him to confirm our appointment he acted like he didn't even know who we were, and then said he didn't have interest.
AGENCY. gets ya sometimes.
Then on tuesday we had district contacting and I went contacting with Elder Harp and I turned to him and asked him what his favorite method of contacting was and he responded "I usually do the things that are the hardest" and after that we did not stop talking to people! he would stop in the middle of walking a certain direction around mine and his companion and say "lets get this guy!" thats the missionary spirit! I learned a lot from that hour! and it was so fun!
then Sister Easton and I were contacting and we stopped this guy who was talking to us about life after death and I was testifying and he said "my wife is on the other side." so at this point I am convinced that our testimony made this guy realize that there is REALLY another side so I respond "YES she is! and she is waiting for you!" to that he responded "how do you know? you didn't even look." a little confused I said "well sir, I can't see into the spirit world." and then my companion turned around to see that his wife was LITERALLY on the other side...
OF THE STREET!
I was so embarrassed, but we finished the contact and laughed all the way home!
We met these really cool people from England the other day who told us that their daughter just moved here with her fiance and that because of that they will also be living here! 
Of all places? TRENCIN SLOVAKIA? God has a plan for all people! I just know it!
We had a really awkward moment on the street yesterday where we were talking to this man and he looks at me points to my companion and says "dcera?" which mean "daughter?" completely in shock I said no she is 19 and I am 20. then he left.
HOW OLD DO I LOOK? goodness gracious.
Thats basically all I have today.
I really like this thought about pressing forward:
Press forward implies something more than simply going forward. Press implies something is preventing your advancement, and you must push through it. To go forward in this life, you must press temptations aside,press through obstacles, press the doubt and the fear under your feet, and embrace the divine qualities of faith, hope, and love.
How do you press forward? Nephi answers, “Ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men”

Pressing forward means pushing away the “temptations and cares” of the world and keeping the commandments with exactness. “If ye love me,” Jesus said, “keep my commandments”
We must press forward if we are going to get anywhere! we have to push away the temptations and push further that we ever have before, because this world is never going to get us anywhere without the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
Jesus is the Christ and this is his church.
S Laskou,
Sestra Ratcliffe

a lambo and also Slovaks putting their deflectors on the outside of the car. CLASSIC!


THE KIDDOS at game night. 
right before elder Kuhlmann hopped off the teeter totter and I came crashing to the ground




and tacks in my shoe
rain photos 

No comments:

Post a Comment