Monday, May 25, 2015

March 25, 2015

Ahoj. 
Wowza this week has just been full of ADVENTURES AND MIRACLES!!
So on Tuesday we travelled to Bratislava to do visa work and that was just an adventure in itself, but before that we went to an investigators house to teach him a lesson and the week before he was only wearing a t shirt and some boxer briefs and this time he was only wearing some purple boxer briefs so we were a little shocked (to say the least) when he answered the door. Ps he is also 85 years old so we just let it slide, but my friends prayer is real. he put on a shirt AND pants! Yeah we were living the good life. then he made us eat 2 bananas each and I thought I was going to puke it was great!
Then we are in Bratislava and we go to do visa work and I don't understand why I did any medical things in America when they have to do them here too. Its just silly. 
They took a ton of my blood and I had to get an X ray and the wierdest thing about that is I'm getting my X Ray and the lady tells me to stop breathing. And so Im like for how long? cause I don't have the largest lung capacity. But it went quick and was over with and that was nice. 
Okay so then we came home. and on thursdays we go to this little village and help some of the cutest kids learn english. And so we go to get on the bus and there are all of these Americans on the bus going to the same place and the only slovak they knew was ahoj. LOL but they went and played with the kids and one of the kids we were teaching went up to one of the girls and was talking about me and she didn't understand so I asked him what he said and he told her that I understood Slovak and English and I laughed and translated to the girl and then walked away. He was a very nice little boy. He made the books. HASHTAG Favoritesudent.
Then on Saturday we went to Trencin for the rededication and that was just a ball of fun!
WE had to wake up at 3 in the morning to get ready and then had to go to the bus which took us to the train and then we had to train station and we went to trencin up the hill to the castle and then it was a complete downpour. so we all had to scurry back to the church building and finish there and then we had some yummy goulas and that rocked my world. and then we made it home that night.
and then yesterday was just one giant miracle. 
so we went to church came home and ate a huge bowl of halusky. (this is important to the story)
then we layed in our beds until our lunch our was over. then we decided to call our neighbor to see if we could come over and share a thought and she told us to come at 3 and it was only 2 so we had to kill an hour. 
so we killed the hour and then went to her house and her whole family came over. and then they sent us to the kitchen to eat. ummm I just ate a HUGE bowl of Halusky and hour ago. so we go and there is some soup and that was great and then she took our plates and put a piece of schnitzel the size of my head on the plate and then like six potatoes. I didn't know how that was going to happen so I just starded shoveling it down my throat. Luckily enough I ate it all and didn't vomit. yeah. 
so then we went out and we just met an angel like seriously and angel. 
so we stopped her and she asked us to speak english and it turns out that she teaches english and is one of our members teachers! how amazing!
It was seriously just a GIANT miracle, because our schedule for the day and the way our day really happened was just all a miracle. 
I just know it! 
I love being here!
Its the best thing I have ever done!
I have you all have a wonderful week. I don't have much time so probably no pictures this week but definitely next week. 
PS Happy birthday shout out to my second mommy SHARON!!
LOVE YOU
Sestra Ratcliffe

No comments:

Post a Comment