Thursday, October 29, 2015

ba da ba ba ba, im loving it.

The life of a missionary.

ITS A DREAM.

Well I wrote an email like four dayz ago... So, from Wednesday-today:
HMMMMM... Well I definitely cant do anything in chronological order because my brain is just on overload of happy spiritual high goodness.
BUT HERE IS WHAT IS IMPORTANT.
a. I was able to see the most wonderful 18 year old get baptized. 
Thats RIGHT. Our cute little Martinbean after MONTHS of waiting, was baptized. 
TEARS WERE SHED. Problems of being a sympathetic cryer. I JUST CRY. 
But, the spirit was SO strong and We helped her into the changing room, closed the door and stood there for a second. (mostly in awe) Then she says, " I AM BAPTIZED " then we are all hugging and crying and wet and it was just so good.

b. I was also able to see another amazing lady be baptized also. 
I have learned so much about how the spirit works on people. and how quickly lives can change. This lady had been coming to English classes for years. Last transfer the Elders started teaching her and she was on date. things happened and then she need to go to Hong Kong for her sons wedding and wouldnt be able to be baptized by the time the transfer ended. The Elders spoke to us and told us to go over to her house and talk to her. 3 hours of pure listening she said that she would get baptized the day after she got back from Hong Kong. AND SHE WAS. THE LAST DAY OF THE TRANSFER. isnt that cool?

c. We have some really cool friends right now. 
I feel like when I write my email I am writing everything Sister Parsons wrote and then I realize that most of you dont read Sister Parsons email. So... continuing past that minor tangent. 
We have this girl who is 16 and she speaks english and we just love her. So we met with her the Sunday before Sis. P is leaving and we wanted to teach her the restoration of the church. so we did. and we told her the story of Joseph Smith and we looked at her and she was crying. 
we asked what she was feeling and she said that she felt like a weight had been lifted off of her chest. That people have questions just like she does and for the first time she heard someone pray for her. she said " you have no idea how good it feels to have someone pray for you."
I have so much more I could say, but I dont have a ton of time. 
But I truly feel blessed to be able to have associated with these people and that I have at least 2 more months to be with them. 
By the way it was transfers so SISTER EGGERS came to Košice and Sister Parsons went to trenčin to be Sister Training Leader with Sister Abbott and Sister Ross and Russell are together in Blava.
Well I just love being a missionary. it is the best life.
have a miracle filled week y'all

S Laskou,
Sestra Ratcliffe

PS the title of my email is because Sister Eggers wrote that she had Mcdonalds in her email. LOL but, i didnt, but thats okay.

 Training

 HALLOWEEN SURPRISE

MARTINBEAN

No comments:

Post a Comment