Thursday, March 26, 2015

HOSTING

Well, I honestly feel really bad when I send emails, because they are completely boring, and today is no different!

Well after I finished emailing you all last week my companions and I went back to our residence to take a nap. We slept for a legit 2 HOURS. I woke up and all I could say was, "RAGRETZ" Literally. I was destroyed for the rest of the day and could not fall asleep for the life of me that night. 
(guys, this is literally all the news I have. Brace yourself.)

This week we were able to host all the new incoming missionaries and it was so fun! 
I was able to host four girls, two of which were converts to the church and the other two were both going to mongolia! HOW COOL! I absolutely loved hosting all the new kids and seeing their own little dork dots. It is hard it reminds me of walking away, but I was way too excited to look back. SORRY MOM AND DAD. People were BAWLING and it was like a crying party. Sad, but they'll get over it real quick, and if they don't the best way to fall asleep is crying yourself to sleep. SO, thats a positive! 

I was talking to my branch president the other day, and he said something that really impacted my life. He said, "Wake up every morning look at yourself in the mirror, and tell yourself that you are the MIRACLE." how cool is that. I have to opportunity to tell someone how great this gospel is. I can bring miracles into their lives by simply opening my mouth and letting the spirit teach. Just think about how awesome that is! 

Oh fun fact. I met a girl from samoa when all the foreign missionaries came in, (foreign missionaries come on tuesday instead of wednesday) and I was talking to this sister and I asked what her name is, and she said "SISTER ETE" and I was like no way I have a friend serving in samoa named elder ETE(IKAIKA) and she was like where is he from and I said utah and She said "THAT MY COUSIN!" What the small world! And so we talked about them for a little. If anyone sees Lani or Sama tell them that I met their niece from samoa!

Well I guess that is all I have for now. sorry my emails suck. 
I want you all to know that I love this gospel. I am grateful to be able to see the lords hand in my life! I love being a missionary. There is nothing I would rather do. I know that jesus Christ lives, he is our savior and our redeemer. Keep up the great work! 
Can't wait to hear about all your crazy lives next week!

Love 
Sestra Ratcliffe

PS I am not taking a nap this week. NO NO NO.

No comments:

Post a Comment