Monday, April 27, 2015

Ja som tu!

I am here! In the country!
Well let's see. 
On Thursday morning, we woke up at 2:15 to get to the bus, but you know me, I didn't fall asleep until 2:00 so pulling all nighters am I right? 
Then we took a very long train to the SLC airport and got checked in. We saw Elder Oviatt off, because he was temporarily reassigned to atlanta Georgia. 
That was rough. 
Can I just tell you all that I do not love long plane rides? 
I couldn't sleep for my life. i slept maybe a solid 4 hours.
I talked to this lady on the first plane for the whole time, she was not a member and was trying to give me some helpful advice as to how I should approach people in Slovakia. Quite interesting. And we talked about cats, I loved that. And we talked about jewelry. We covered a lot subjects...
Well then we landed in Prague and Elder Lanham lost all of his luggage, so he didn't even have a change of clothes. 
and then we walked out of the airport and there was our amazing Mission President and his Wife, and the Assistants to the Pres. 
Next we all hopped into the car and headed to the mission home. 
Took some fun pictures, that I assume you all saw, if not, sorry. I haven't seen them either. 
Then president took us up to this place that looked out to the city of Prague. It was Beautiful! 
The assistants took us on a tour of the city and we ate dinner and it was yummy as ever. and we came back to the mission home, grabbed our things and headed to alexanders. (the place we stayed over night) President told us to be up and ready by 8:00 the next morning because we would be having breakfast. he was concerned that we would not get any sleep that night and told us to try and make it through the night. My companions and I did that very well. We slept in until 7:45 am. 15 minutes before we had to go see the president and meet our trainers. Great. We look just FABULOUS!!! 
We quickly ran and tried to look semi-decent, and headed to breakfast. 
Had breakfast and got assigned our trainers..
.
.
.
.
(anticipation)
Sister Ratcliffe, you have the only Slovak sister in the room! SISTER PARSONS!! and you are going to KOSICE!! YAYAYAYAY!!!

Then my trainer and I had a lovely 10 hour train ride from Prague to Kosice. (took a nice little nap on the train.) my trainer has some aweome baby pictures of me and all my firsts. AKA my first time crossing the boader to Slovakia, my first time going to the apartment my first time trying Slovak food. SO GREAT!  We got home near 8:00 and Quickly ran to the store for some things to make halusky. (PS AMAZING!) and we bought some kofola. It's kind of hard to explain but it is a tasty Slovak drink and I love it!
So at this point it is Saturday night. 
Go to sleep wake up in the morning, go to church! 
The branch was the biggest it has been, but that is because Sister Seningers family all came and they brought like the WHOLE family!
Then after that we went out tracting and contacting and I seriously saw so many miracles. 
We met these two catholic men on the street who said they would read the BOM we gave them and we had a mightly long discussion with them. So that was fun! And then we went to panelaks (apartments) and this man opened the door and we had a discussion with him and he reset up and appointment! and Wow I could tell you so many more it was just UZASNY. (wonderful)
Well Such a wonderful week! 
I know that the Lord loves SLOVAKIA. I know it. The work is moving. 
I love kosice and my trainer and kofola and halusky and my panelak and contacting and tracting and everything! OOOHHH I love it! 

These are not blessings my friends, these are miracles!!!!
I LOVE IT SOOOOO MUCH!
All my love,
Sestra Ratcliffe

 taking the Solo sticker off. 
 No longer living the solo LYFE
Oh you know just a Cathedral
 My Trainer! Isn't she cute? 
 the Weirdo Kitty that escaped from his box when his master walked away.. NAUGHTY
 Quite a shade elevator in our panelak
​this pizza is bomb and is bigger than my face. 

No comments:

Post a Comment