Monday, November 30, 2015

Vďakyvzdanie (THANKSGIVING)

hahaha funny first:

Kissing people on the cheeks is a thing here. Normally I just grin and bear it, but Sister Eggers just makes it fun. A man starts coming in to kiss us on the cheek and Sister Eggers is like, "oh NO.. no no. hah no" But unfortunately sometimes we are trapped. This week we were trapped. More men have kissed me as a missionary than I could ever imagine at home. IS IT BECAUSE OF THE NAMETAG???  hahahahah 

We have seen some crazy miracles this week. 
We met this lady on the street and she told us that her husband died. We testified to her that families could be together forever. We were worried because it was a really quick contact and didnt think she would re-set up with us. 

BUT SHE DID
and she is REALLY cool
Sister Eggers also met this man last week english finding who ended up coming to church and now he wants to be BAPTIZED!! WHAT?
also we met this guy in the park who had a labrador and I was like we need to talk to him because of his dog, SO WE DID. and he re-set up with us also.
I have been amazed at the miracles that we are seeing, especially getting into the Christmas season, you don't expect to meet with people like this. BUT KOSICE IS BOOMING.
LIKE THE BIG BANG>
WE HAVE MET REALLY COOOOOOLL people. I cant even deal. 
wow. so cool.
We celebrated THANKSGIVING THIS WEEK! jej. 
and it was DELISH!
This week as you see from the picture we were travelling. 
We had district conference in Bratislava and oh it was such a joy to see all of the members united together with one purpose. 
President mcConkie said something I really loved "THE CHURCH DOESNT GROW SLOW. IT GROWS ACCORDING TO GODS WILL" That hit me. I know that is true. SOOOO TRUE.
Sister McConkie also spoke and told a story of a struggling return missionary, Prez. wrote this missionary simply saying " GO FIND JESUS"
wow. I know that we may have trials and burdens and struggles and problems, and those things may be 100% out of our hands, BUT THEY ARE 100% in the hands of him who created us. We may feel forever alone, but there is someone who suffered completely alone. THERE IS NO NEED TO FEEL ALONE. because of him.
GO FIND JESUS.
he is the great physician. HE CAN HEAL YOU.
The gospel is amazing. Slovakia is amazing. I am so truly blessed to have such amazing friendships with these people. 
SLOVAKS are incredible. 
I AM FOREVER CHANGED BECAUSE OF THEM
This week, this scripture has really blessed me in the work.

"Now when our hearts were depressed, and we were about to turn back, behold, the Lord comforted us, and said: Go amongst thy brethren, the Lamanites, and bear with patience thine afflictions, and I will give unto you success." ALMA 26:27
Friends, The Lord truly does comfort. 
HE KNOWS US BETTER. 
Let the gospel bless your life.

S laskou,
Sestra Ratcliffe

Well we have some real GEMS this week. 

I WAS SO NOT COMFORTABLE on the train last night. 

WHEN boredom strikes. (WOW PEKNA)

TRAVELLING ON THE TRAIN TO CONFERENCE
CUTIES jej
SISTER EGGREš

THANKSGIVING

Sister Eggers and I bought Comp outfits. The pants dont photgraph well. we look naked. PROMISE WE ARE NOT. 
A REALLY GOOD QUOTE I FOUND THIS WEEK. 
Me drinking KOFOLA at 10:24 at night. Right before bed. GOOOOD.  


No comments:

Post a Comment