Monday, February 8, 2016

šišky, hudba, a láska

WELL I AM PRETTY SURE THE CENTERPIECE OF OUR WEEK WAS FOOD. 

Because thats basically all I wrote about in my planner, so we will see how this goes... 

On wednesday Sister Abbott and I were out on the streets making our way to the church building(our member wanted to give us donuts). We were about 20 minutes away, when we realized that we had to be to the building in 5 minutes

SPRINTING THROUGH THE CITY IN A SKIRT. 

TALENT

When we got to the building we were so excited that we made it in time, and we ate those donuts so fast! Workout and reward. Am I right? 

This week was Fašiangy
we went to a little village and had a party with our friends. turns out this party is an eat drink and be merry kind of fest. People were trying to hand us shots. Its was a great time to be a missionary and teach about the word of wisdom. As we left sister abbott was excited and exclaimed "I DID IT! I FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I SAID NO TO ALCOHOL" 
good times but we loved the free food! 



Also this week I made a really great purchase in the candy aisle. 
See for yourself: 



YEP. 

I love this talk from last conference from President Russell M. Nelson
(Fifty eight years ago I was asked to operate upon a little girl, gravely ill from congenital heart disease. Her olderbrother had previously died of a similar condition. Herparents pleaded for help. I was not optimistic about theoutcome but vowed to do all in my power to save herlife. Despite my best efforts, the child died. Later, thesame parents brought another daughter to me, thenjust 16 months old, also born with a malformed heart.Again, at their request, I performed an operation. Thischild also died. This third heartbreaking loss in onefamily literally undid me.

I went home grief stricken. I threw myself upon ourliving room floor and cried all night long. Dantzel stayed by my side, listening as I repeatedly declaredthat I would never perform another heart operation.Then, around 5:00 in the morning, Dantzel looked at meand lovingly asked, “Are you finished crying? Then get dressed. Go back to the lab. Go to work! You need tolearn more. If you quit now, others will have to painfully learn what you already know.”

Oh, how I needed my wife’s vision, grit, and love! I went back to work and learned more. If it weren’t for Dantzel’s inspired prodding, I would not have pursued open-heart surgery and would not have been prepared to do the operation in 1972 that saved the life of President Spencer W. Kimball.)​

I love it. Sometimes I feel like I need someone to get me on my feet to keep going and I know that the Lord can do that for us. God doesn't expect immediate perfection, but he does expect progress. 

Its true.
the book is blue. 

S Laskou, 
Sestra Ratcliffe

look ma, I made it online! hahah 



No comments:

Post a Comment