Monday, February 1, 2016

Misionarčili Sme

SO FRIENDS. 
This week our apartment has become the scare floor in Monsters Inc. and Sister Abbott has taken it upon her self to scare me behind EVERY SINGLE DOOR I ENTER. I have never been so jumpy in my life.
This week was seriously one for the books. We have had the best of times, but I always feel that. Lets be real missions are the BEST.
So I am going to start with the funnies, because there are SOO MANY. 
a. On tuesday we have our free english class and one of our members came which was such a miracle. She is so cute, her daughter lives in America and she wants to be able to communicate with her son in law, because he only speaks english. 
THEN at night we were planning and I was saying the prayer and I was like " Thank you very much that this member came to VISIT US today.... WAIT" and then I realized that I had no idea what I was saying because she came to english not to visit us

IM LOSING IT.
It was really funny. Probably more of a had to be there moment.
ALSO we were at the building with the Elders studying Slovak and I was leaning on the back two legs of the chair when I lost control and started to fall backwards.
As I fell I realized that I was in a skirt(JUST SO YOU ALL KNOW I WAS WEARING LEGGINGS!) and Elders were there, so I bailed out of my chair and when I got back up one of the elders stated "I THINK THE HOLY GHOST MOVED MY EYES FOR ME." good. We had a good laugh.
We live by a river and we were walking across the bridge when we noticed all these rings in the water. We looked down and all the fish were literally flopping out of the water. We stood and watched for a little. ITS WAS Mezmerizing. (is that correct?) Just a fun fact. Then today on the way over they were doing it again! 
DON'T know why they are doing it, but I enjoy them.
ALSO TAUGHT SISTER ABBOTT HOW TO DO A HANDSTAND. 
YEAH. 

 We have some really good friends who we go and visit  and EVERYTIME we walk out with a ton of food. But yesterday we were over and I had my hair down. And I guess that it really threw them off because dedo was like "I can't even take you seriously. You look like a completely different person. Your hair needs to go up." So my hair went up. Lesson learned. DON'T BREAK TRADITION!
But wow. We have just seen miracles upon miracles. 
MIRACLES EXIST.
Elder Holland said:
“Believe in miracles. I have seen so many of them come when every other indication would say that hope was lost. Hope is never lost. If those miracles do not come soon or fully or seemingly at all, remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead.”
I know that even when everything points to us losing hope that hope is never lost. I 100% agree with Elder Holland. 
TRUST IN MIRACLES.
LOVE YOU ALL LOTS!
S Laskou
Sestra Ratcliffe

beautiful vah
this is how sister ratcliffe gives me my snacks -sister abbott
So mom sent me an incredible jesus calendar and I bought a cat calendar and I think they suit eachother. 
I think I am funny. hahahhahah

Our dear friend bought us a photo album. "its from the chinese store, but I bought it in Slovakia so its SLOVAK!" -our friend
pictures of the week messing around


No comments:

Post a Comment